Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday hubbub

As I am not yet fully convinced that anyone reads this blog, it is very easy for me to find excuses not to make new posts. And then, once I have put off posting for a considerable period, it gets more and more difficult for me to create a new post because I start feeling guilty and wanting to make my next one spectacular...which becomes a daunting task all on its own. I never make New Years resolutions, because I am crap at keeping them, but I am resolved to make 2011 a year that I blog consistently. Which means I still have a few days left in 2010 to slack off...

Anywho, I hope that you, dear reader, had a wonderful winter holiday. Ours was nice and low-key. Due to budget cut-backs I had the whole week before Christmas off from work. I spent most of the time puttering around Grandma and Grandpa's house, baking with Grandma and watching court TV with Grandpa. We didn't really do gifts this year, though there were a few here and there, and not having to spend weeks stressing and shopping with the masses was SO nice. I like not having to worry about buying people stuff. Of course, I did get some presents for a select few, and received a few myself, but I really did enjoy a bit of giftlessness this year. I know I'm not the only one to touch on this rant, but I do think the holidays have become too much about consuming and not enough about just enjoying time spent with people we love and being thankful for what we have.

That said, I was given quite a few wonderful gifts. I haven't taken any photos, but I do have these from the websites:

Lovely teacups from Anthro. I LOVE sipping tea from these.

Another wonderful item from my Anthro wish list. I'm still not sure what to hang on this fella's hook, but I do think he is adorable.

Hands down, coolest bottle opener ever! The clothes at Anthro are really lovely, but I really just want EVERYTHING from their home collection.
This is Barrel from The Nightmare Before Christmas...I loved this plush when I opened it! This picture is from this website, though I must say the Barrel I have does not look nearly as creepy as this one in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment