Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Books about stuff

So I just finished reading a few books that I must recommend. The Tilting House and The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane. Months ago, Fig and I were browsing Kings Books and I saw The Tilting House on a display of local authors, I think. I was immediately drawn to it because of the awesome cover art. Really good stuff. The story is pretty good, too. Lots of mystery and adventure, crammed into a small book. A really nice, quick, fun read.
Image source


The Physick Book was one I picked up right before we left Las Vegas. Its been sitting on the shelf (and in a box) for almost six months. When I finally decided to pick it up, I could hardly put it down. A wonderful mix of history/witchcraft/New England meets Da Vinci Code/National Treasure adventures and suspense. It was one of those stories that stays with you long after you've put it down. I would read for a few hours before bed and then stay awake thinking about the characters. I couldn't wait to get home from work to start reading it again. I'm so glad I stumbled upon it and I can't wait to see more from this author.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment