Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

This week...mail surprises, sandwiches, nail polish.

On a particularly horrible day, I came home from work and was surprised buy this super, wonderful, thoughtful mail:


Our wonderful friend, Caleb, sent these magnets to us. How freaking cute are these, just look at the little ties and the tiny wands!? I love the beard on Fig and my hair. And the fact that he personalized it with our houses, too! I LOVE these and it was so incredibly thoughtful and meant so much to me on that particular day. I have the best friends. Seriously.

Another highlight to this past week were these awesome sandwiches and french fries I made. I had been craving a roast beef sandwich with Aus ju dip all day, but didn't want to spend the money to eat out or spend the time making a roast and creating the dip from scratch. So, I bought some sliced deli roast beef and a good french loaf. I added caramelized onions and a few bits of shaved parmesan, I think provolone or swiss would have been good, but parm was all I had. I buttered up both sides of the bread before slapping this all together and tossing it into the oven to warm and toast up a bit. The dip was just beef broth with a little Worcestershire, not the highlight of the meal. Also, I've never made fries from scratch (always used the frozen kind), but this was so easy I can't imagine not doing this way from now on. I just cut up the potatoes, tossed them with a little canola oil and lots of seasonings and then tossed them into a 425 degree oven for about 30-40 min. Yums.


And finally, I changed my nail polish, which is not really important to you, but it sure is making me smile. I'm really digging the glitter stuff right now, I also bought a gold glitter polish for the next mani. The down side is that I'm thinking this stuff is going to be a pain to take off. Derp.


No comments:

Post a Comment