Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Napkins!

I had a silly amount of extra fabric hanging around, taking up space, and generally not being useful. Inspired by this Black Apple post, I decided to make some cloth napkins for our home. I used what I had, but I found that fat quarters were the perfect size for producing 4 small, fold-over-once napkins.
I started by cutting the fabric to the general size I wanted and then trimming the edges with pinking shears. Then I folded the edges over, ironed them flat and hemmed them up, leaving the pinked (?) edges visible.




 I wasn't very selective about the fabric I chose, since I was trying to put some of the extra stuff to use, so we ended up with a variety of colors and patterns...even a few Dora the Explorer that I had left over from a Christmas stocking I made a few years ago! My hemming and cutting wasn't very precise either, but I figure it doesn't matter that much to us, as long as they get the job done.

1 comment: